This is a good school.Ofsted
As part of the national program of school inspections, Monks Orchard was visited by an Ofsted team of inspectors in 25th and 26th February 2014. The following is from their published summary of the inspection report:-
Overall effectiveness of the school
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
- Pupils achieve well. They make good progress from starting points that are often low to reach at least average standards at the end of Key Stage 2 in English and Mathematics.
- Teaching is good because it enables pupils of all abilities to make good progress in lessons. Teachers plan together and share ideas which helps to improve their classroom practice.
- Leaders and managers check the quality of teaching carefully. They provide effective training opportunities which help teachers to continually improve their performance.
- Governors, leaders and managers have ensured that the quality of teaching has remained strong and pupils' achievement good since the previous inspection.
- Pupils behave well. The school fosters positive relationships and tackles discrimination effectively to create a harmonious environment where adults and pupils from many different backgrounds get on extremely well together.
- Leaders have developed a range of highly effective strategies to promote good attendance. Figures have therefore risen significantly since the previous inspection and attendance is now in line with national figures.
The full report can be found as an attachment below.